Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome to the Dirt!

Its about time! Finally a space where I can vent all my interests, desires, frustrations, hopes, and dreams relative to the world of the soil!


Welcome to my new blog. I am Caleb Summers, businessman, father, gardener, composter, and way more to boot. One of my main passions is something we all come in contact with all the time, in fact, we walk on it. Its dirt. Or maybe I should say soil... A wise woman once told me that dirt is that stuff we scrape off our shoes when we come indoors, soil is the living and life-giving super-organism beneath our feet. I am a self-described soil fanatic. I am the Director of Strategy for a CA-based company called BioLogic Systems (www.BioLogicSystemsUSA.com) where we are trying to bring the admiration and understanding of healthy soils to the world. I am a Master Composter (www.StopWaste.org), a member of the Soil Science Society of America (www.soils.org), and an avid supporter of soil health across the globe.

I'm also an MBA candidate at the Bainbridge Graduate Institute (www.BGI.edu) where I am learning how to make positive change in the world using the tool of business. The experiences, tools, skills, and connections I am acquiring at BGI are giving me what I need to manifest my dream of changing the world for the better from the ground up. Literally.

Here in my blog, you'll find my musings on current events, my theories of how soils can save the world, and all kinds of other things that I see as fit to print... or post, I guess.

So welcome, and I hope you enjoy my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment