Thursday, October 14, 2010

From Grist: Vote for the your favorite Food Villain

This week Grist has launched a poll to assess who is the world's worst villain of food. I know a few names popped into my head as soon as I saw the title, and I reckon some will for you too. Chances are, they're on the list.

As much as I really try to focus on positivity and possibility in my blog, there are some times when we just need to get together and collectively vent our frustrations with agriculture, the food system, and those who we perceive as actively trying to squelch the efforts of those trying to create a healthy and sustainable food system that will genuinely nurture.

Image courtesy of Grist.org
From the Grist article: "This is our attempt to root out who's currently keeping America sick, fat, and poisoned: a preliminary list of a Dirty Dozen rotten eggs spoiling our food system. Cast your vote, or write in your candidate in the comments below, and let's see who's food's Public Enemy No. 1 -- and plot what we can do to stop them."

So go read the article, cast your vote for the worst offender, and stay posted as to who comes out to be Food Villain #1!

No comments:

Post a Comment